In summer, the watermelon diet is ideal for weight loss. Efficient, easy to make, and almost everyone loves the sweet taste of fragrant pulp. There are thousands of laudatory opinions about the diet with impressive results. This is confirmed by the photos before and after, because there are those who lose weight by several kg. Losing weight in such an unusual way will certainly not be monotonous and boring if you create a well-balanced menu for yourself every day.
The benefits of watermelon for weight loss
Watermelon is a real storehouse of trace elements. Juicy, sweet pulp contains huge amounts of mineral compounds (phosphorus, potassium, sodium, iron) and vitamins A, B, E, PP, C. In terms of calories, the fruit is considered dietary: no more than 100 g. than 40 kcal. At the same time, the sugars in the pulp are completely processed by the body and are not deposited in the fat reserves. This is one of the main reasons why watermelons are loved by consumers. In addition to such an amazing feature, weight loss occurs for several reasons:
- most of the pulp (about 85-90%) is occupied by water, with minerals and vitamins dissolved in it;
- due to the ability to urinate, excess fluid in the body is actively released, thereby reducing body weight;
- the liquid removes toxins, toxins and other harmful compounds;
- improves cellular metabolism due to the folic acid in the pulp;
- the feeling of satiety quickly appears because of the sweet taste.
The glycemic index of watermelon is 72 units and 100 g of pulp contains only 5. 8 g of carbohydrates.
Principles of diet
Due to the above abilities, watermelon quickly found application in weight loss. Based on this, diets designed for 3, 5, 10 days were developed. Nutrition experts recommend that you take fast days once or twice a week, which will help you lose a few pounds before some major event. If you want to achieve a more radical weight change, you need to follow a certain diet for at least a week. When you achieve the desired result, you should gradually and correctly leave the watermelon diet so as not to encounter weight gain.
The main principle of the watermelon diet is the diuretic effect. The daily fluid loss is 1-2 liters. You can drop 1-1. 5 kg every day, depending on your initial weight, level of physical activity and lifestyle. However, we must not forget that watermelon weight loss is a monodia, which means that you may feel weak, slightly dizzy and sleepy during the day. If your condition is only getting worse by the day and you feel you don’t have enough strength but no energy surge, you need to stop losing weight.
Prohibited and authorized products
In addition to watermelons, other foods on the list may be included in the daily diet:
- fresh and cooked vegetables;
- low fat fermented dairy products;
- lean fish;
- lean red meat;
- chicken breast, turkey;
- fruits, mostly unsweetened;
- chicken and quail eggs;
- whole wheat bread;
- honey (small quantities).
Among the prohibited foods, nutrition experts advise you to stop:
- sausages, smoked meats;
- fast food restaurants (hot dogs, pizza, burgers, pasta);
- milk chocolate;
- The Sahara;
- carbonated beverages;
- compotes, fruit drinks;
- bakery products and white bread.
The diet should be varied, you will feel good, there will be no malaise. Approximately 1300-1500 kcal should be consumed daily.
Watermelon diet rules
Weight loss will only be effective if you consider several factors and follow them correctly:
- Be sure to add protein to your daily diet. They help maintain a feeling of satiety for a long time and recharge the energy supply;
- drink at least 1, 5 liters of clean plain water. You can drink green tea or non-mineral water from your drinks;
- renounces harmful things: fast food, sweets are now forbidden to you;
- avoid alcohol consumption. Weight loss and alcohol are incompatible things. Any alcoholic beverage, even in low concentrations, leads to an increase in hunger, water retention in the body;
- the maximum weight loss of the watermelon diet should not exceed 10 days. You will then need to interrupt for a short time, about a month. You can resume your meal after a break.
The result of a watermelon diet can be 2-6 kg in 7-10 days of use. In addition to the harmony gained and the lightness of the body appearing, you can save money because in the summer season, sweet fruits are sold at every step and are cheap.
In one comment! One of the disadvantages of the watermelon diet is the resulting lack of fat and protein.
Exit your diet
In order to maintain the positive effects of the watermelon diet for as long as possible, you need to step out of it carefully. From food restriction, a sharp appetite and a desire for forbidden foods awaken. But here you have to show strength and not give in to attraction. Tips from nutrition experts will help you avoid malfunctions and stay in shape:
- gradually return to your usual diet, increase the dose slightly;
- in the first days to eat water-cooked cereals with the addition of butter and kefir with a fat content of 2. 5%;
- include bean pastes and cereals in your diet;
- increase the number of meals 6-7 times.
But what can’t be done under any circumstances is to slam on candy, rolls and other harmful products. Not only does it ruin the result you get, it also gets a stomach upset.
You can only follow the watermelon diet if you are confident in your health and there is no cause for concern. You should not limit yourself to nutrition if you have the following problems:
- stones in the kidneys;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- diseases of the pancreas;
- liver diseases;
- heart disease;
- swelling of the limbs and soft tissues.
The diuretic effect and the ability to raise sugar are detrimental to the watermelon diet for a certain group. Teenagers and children, as well as athletes and the elderly, should not lose weight this way. Doctors do not recommend experimenting with a figure if you are in a position, especially in the later stages, or breastfeeding. Wait until the labor and breastfeeding phase is over and you can start losing weight.
Opinions and advice of nutrition experts
- "If you regularly experience digestive problems, this kind of diet only causes a lot of discomfort: constipation, bloating, stomach pains become more common. To avoid such negative consequences, do not engage in amateur activities but seek medical advice. Most diseases occur in the early stages without symptoms and can be exacerbated by the watermelon diet. In case of any discomfort, stop losing weight and see a therapist.
- "I can’t say that the watermelon diet brings healthy and impressive results. Any weight loss, especially sharp, stress for the body. Along with weight loss, there are many health problems, sometimes severe. I would advise you to follow the most varied diet possible if you decide to try to lose weight this way. Add vegetables, cereals, cereals, white and red meat, exclude refined sugar and other useless light carbohydrates. Reduce your dose and exercise. These simple recommendations will have a positive effect on your weight and you will immediately notice how you are losing weight.
Diet options watermelon
If you have no contraindications and are mentally prepared to lose weight with watermelon diet, first choose the right ingredient - ripe watermelon. Only buy in trusted places and wash thoroughly before use. Nutrients and vitamins are found only in ripe fruits grown naturally without fertilizer. There are 3 ways to lose weight: an express method for 3 days, a weekly diet and a 10-day option.
Menu for 3 days
The most common and easiest way to lose excess is to sit on a watermelon diet for 3 days. It is not heavy at all and weight loss will be 2-3 kg. On the day you should eat about 5-7 kg of watermelon pulp. The standard is calculated on the basis of the initial weight: 1 kg of pulp is required for every 10 kg. For example, you weigh 60 kg, which means you have to eat 6 kg of watermelon a day. In addition, the diet should include:
- breakfast: oatmeal cooked in water, a slice of wholemeal bread, a cup of tea;
- lunch: 150 g of boiled chicken breast, a plate of vegetable salad;
- dinner: 150 g of fat-free cottage cheese.
Eat a watermelon about an hour before a meal. This will help you overcome hunger so you will be filled with less food during lunch or dinner.
Attention! The last meal should be at least 4 hours before bedtime. Don’t eat watermelons at night: you won’t sleep well and your whole face will swell by morning.
Watermelon diet for 7 days, scheduled every day
If you want to achieve significant weight loss, the weekly option suggested in Table 1 is right for you.
|one||A plate of oatmeal with soft-boiled chicken eggs||200 g of low-fat cottage cheese with fruit||Tomato and cucumber salad - 150 g, 100 g of boiled chicken breast|
|2||Curd curd - 150 g||120 g of boiled beef with 200 ml of broth||Vegetable soup - plate, slices of wholemeal bread|
|3||2 hard boiled chicken eggs||150 g steamed fish with fresh vegetable garnish||Chicken broth - 150 ml|
|4||150 g fat-free cottage cheese||2 slices of wholemeal bread with cheese||Soft-boiled eggs|
|five||A plate of buckwheat porridge with apples||130 g stewed chicken fillet||Fruit salad with yogurt sauce - 200 g|
|6||Rice porridge cooked in water -150 g||Oven baked fish - 150 g||200 g low-fat cottage cheese|
|7||bowl of oatmeal on the water||2 hard boiled chicken eggs||A few slices of wholemeal bread with cheese|
Before and during each meal, you should eat a few pieces of watermelon. The daily norm is 5 kg, this amount should be evenly distributed daily. From the drinks during the day a cup of natural black coffee with sugar and milk or green tea is allowed, up to a few cups.
If you want, you can increase your watermelon diet for 10 days, but only on the condition that you feel well and have no health complaints. The menu completely coincides with the diet of the weekly diet, if desired, you can replace the products, but only with similar calories. If you follow the described scheme and eat 4-5 kg of watermelon a day for 10 days, you can get rid of 6-8 kg over time.
Attention! Reduce physical activity with a 10-day watermelon diet, otherwise there is an "overload" of the body.
Results and reviews with photos of weight loss
- "In the summer, I decided to experiment and try the watermelon diet in practice. Homemade sweet fruits are now ripe in the garden. I usually ate a little watermelon (4-5kg) all week, but I ate a vegetable salad, boiled chicken. Last supper at 7 p. m. I went to the scales a week later and was pleasantly surprised. I managed to lose almost 7 kg in 7 days. I decided I was going to lose weight with watermelon every summer, I liked it.
- "I’m regularly worried about the problem of being overweight, so I’m constantly looking for the right ways to lose weight. I realized a watermelon diet seemed easy to me. I chose the 10 day option. At first I liked everything: the sweet pulp quenches the appetite well, quenches the thirst. But by the fifth day, the watermelon was enough, I didn’t want to eat it. He could barely stand the 10 days he measured. I was able to lose 6kg in such a short time. I was happy with the result, but next time I choose the 3 or 7 day option. "